TiasNimbus Business School, Tilburg University – Tilburg, The NetherlandsMarch 4th, 2013 by Editor
Improving society by guiding individuals to develop better professional skills and become more effective managers and leaders.
TiasNimbus Business School is a part of Tilburg University and Eindhoven University of Technology and offers students abroad and flexible arrangement of internationally recognized management programs rooted in research and educational design. The business school offers students a unique educational experiences through:
- A diverse network of students and faculty.
- An international management experience in Tilburg.
- Development of cultural skills.
- Building of a world-wide network.
The business school’s mission is to be recognized as an excellent business school in Europe and rank among the top 20 in Financial Times Ranking European Business Schools. They want to help improve society by guiding individuals to develop better professional skills and become more effective managers and leaders. A couple different programs aim to complete this mission and vision:
- Discover the ‘Frontiers of Knowledge’: The program consists of thought leadership discussions, contemporary knowledge, the latest research, and academic rigor.
- Engage in Effective Learning Experiences: An inspiring, holistic and multidisciplinary program that engages the whole person (intellectual awareness, emotional awareness, and action-based application).
- Connect to peers, business and society: These programs involve clients in co-creation, engagement with multiple stakeholders in business and society, and networking with peers.
TiasNimbas Business School believes that discovery and learning are never-ending processes in life and that the focus of management education provides a valuable return-on-investment when newly acquired insights and knowledge are applied in real organizations.
The International Full-time MBA Program deepens students understanding of the global economy and gives them the link between business and society and the skills needed for future leaders and managers to make an impact . The program is one year long and is taught in English. The study load is an average of 50 hours per week, and the program progresses through a set list of core management areas. Here is the academic curriculum in chronological order:
- Understanding – increasing business expertise.
- Connecting – introduces more complexity with a focus on inter-dependencies .
- Leading – development of core leadership skills to propel students’ careers.
- Enhancing – diving deep into particular areas of interest
- Engaging – applying newly learned skills to real-word components
The MBA program also contains one-on-one career coaching, personal coaching within workshops, and plenty of interaction with faculty and peers from different industries and nationalities. Additionally, “Fireside Sessions” with leading scientists in the fields of
psychology and technology, meetings with business and NGO leaders, and exchanges with opinion leaders in politics, sports, arts, media and entertainment create a holistic approach to the educational experience.
The Executive MBA Program is a 2-year program, taught in English and aimed towards ambitious, talented executives with a minimum of three years of work experience and an academic or HBO degree. The study load is an average of 12-18 hours per week, excluding class time, and modules occur once a month on Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Tilburg and one day a week on Tuesdays in Utrecht.
The program takes a holistic, integrative approach to the development of executives as self-aware, responsible and highly employable business leaders. The curriculum follows the pattern of the MBA program with eight core modules and seven advanced modules.
Also, the Professional Development Program is offered in parallel with the MBA programs and is designed to focus on self-development as a leader, manager, team player and good corporate citizen. To the right is a diagram of the executive MBA curriculum, provided by TiasNimbas.
TiasNimbas Business School also offers an International Executive MBA Program that is an advanced executive program for experienced professionals. The program spans over a 20-month period, has as a holistic learning approach, and is delivered in the format of five two-week residential periods to discourage distractions during the learning periods. The program is offered in partnership with these schools:
- Krannert Graduate School of Management, Purdue University, USA
- TiasNimbas Business School, Tilburg University, The Netherlands
- CEU Business School, Central European University, Hungary
- GISMA Business School, Germany
- EMLYON Business School, France
- College of Management and Economics, Tianjin University, China
- EBAPE School of Administration, FGV, Brazil
The Executive Education Programs are designed to use diverse methods, thought leaders and executive coaches to challenge the way executives think and act and help them grow personally and professionally. Open-enrollment programs are offered in:
- General Management and Leadership
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Public and Non-Profit Management
- Real Estate Management
- Family Business
- Technology and Information Management
Global MBA Rankings
Although Forbes and US News do not rank MBAs globally, they were included for their impact in the US
- Financial Times Rank – 64
Social Media Presence
Tilburg University, TiasNimbas
t: 0031 134668634
Tias building Warandelaan 2 5037 AB Tilburg The Netherlands