Graduate School of International Management, International University of Japan – Minami Uonuma-shi, JapanMarch 12th, 2013 by Editor
Offering students a unique perspective on the world through management education.
The International University of Japan (IUJ) is a private university located in Minami-Uonuma city in Niigata Prefecture, Japan. IUJ is the first and one of the few Japanese universities to run courses entirely in English. It was founded in 1982, primarily with the aim of providing a platform for delegates from all over to come together and work toward the betterment of the world. IUJ offers Master’s degrees in International Development, Public Management and Policy Analysis, International Peace Studies and Relations, as well as MBA programs in Business Administration and E-Business.
IUJ Graduate School of International Management (GSIM) is dedicated to developing tomorrows global leaders by providing students with opportunities to study and solve challenges of global, national and local businesses while fostering a multinational, multicultural team-based environment. The business school also partners students with researchers and practicioners dedicated to exploring new innovative ideas to provide insight on the mentors research methodologies.
GSIM offers an MBA and a Master of E-Business Management. The school addresses global issues in the private sector and was established in 1988 as the first U.S. style business school in Japan. The E-Business Management Program was established in 2001 in response to today’s global business needs.
The business school offers a unique perspective of the world within its culturally diverse campuse that enriches the students educational experience. Here are some differentiating factors of the MBA program that are presented on IUJ’s website:
- We are the only Business School in Japan to be included in the Economist Intelligence Unit’s prestigious “Top-100 B-Schools of the World” ranking for 8 consecutive years.
- We have a World class faculty with wide business experience, who are partnering with Local, Regional, National and Multi-national companies for research and class-based projects.
- The real experience of cultural diversity in all classes
- We have about 40 exchange partners around the world, including top schools in the US, Europe, and Asia.
- Outstanding language programs for both English and Japanese proficiency
- A State-of-the-art E-Lab
- All housed in a resident campus, in the heart of Japan’s beautiful Snow Country.
The MBA Program at GSIM is offered in 1-year and 2-year programs and has four concentration areas:
- IT/OM (information technology/operations management)
The program focuses on “Leveraging Emerging Asia for Global Advantage”. It’s designed to give students a wide range of experiences suitable for their future business careers. The 2-year MBA provides integrative management capabilities combined with a specialized focus. The 1-year MBA focuses exclusively on developing integrative management skills. Both tracks use case-studies and group work and require an intensive cap-stone course in the summer.
Below is an example schedule for the 2-year track, provided by GSIM’s website.
Here is an example of the 1-year curriculum as well, provided by GSIM.
Global MBA Rankings
Although Forbes and US News do not rank MBAs globally, they were included for their impact in the US
- Forbes Rank – N/A
- Financial Times Rank – N/A
- U.S. News and World Report Rank – N/A
- Bloomberg Businessweek Rank – N/A
- The Economist Rank – N/A
Job Integration Rate, according to Bloomberg Businessweek – N/A
Social Media Presence
International University of Japan
777 Kokusai-cho, Minami Uonuma-shi
t: +81 (25) 779-1111
f: +81 (25) 779-4441